Our Family

Our Family

All about our World

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Feeling Blessed

Well somedays go much much better than others. My husband has been gone for 2 days and nights, which around here feels like an eternity. When this happens I find myself easily losing my perspective...aka Mom gets crabby! Tonight while I was trying for the 18th time to give everyone medicine, get them to go to the bathroom, get pj's on and let the dogs out, I found myself once again getting really frustrated. I am the queen of order. While this suits me well for many things, going with the flow is not one of them.

In the moment I really just wanted a nanny, a drink, and a big piece of chocolate...and bed. However, since there was no one knocking on my door to fulfill my every desire I continued on. Giving orders, giving medicine, and hurrying everyone along. I was on a mission and would NOT get sidetracked! I happened to glance at my youngest son and saw what I thought looked like a small lump on his armpit. Talk about a stop in your tracks moment. I attempted to palpate it and he started laughing really hard. I was furious...I didn't want to alarm him...but I was freaking out! Finally, after about 10 - 15 minutes I got the bright idea to check his other side and to check his older brothers armpits....all identical! HOORAY...and yes, I really DO have a nursing degree! After reflecting on my night I gained a little perspective. Yes, everyone needs to go to bed at a reasonable hour and yes, they all need their medicine, but it's better to let them go to bed later knowing you love and appreciate them and feel what a wonderful blessing each of them are! So, here's to taking time to squeeze and pray with/for all my babies even when Dad is not home.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for matching armpits.... Sometimes a small detour of schedule is needed .. But its hard to relax when you are sooo just waiting for that quiet time to take a deep breath.... ! Love you

    ReplyDelete